Everyone knows that beautiful bridesmaids are happy bridesmaids. And happy bridesmaids? Well, they turn out to be the most supportive kind. So do yourself a favor and choose bridesmaid jewelry your girls will love. Even better, give it to them as a traditional bridesmaid gift. (Many custom jewelry designers even offer discount packages for orders of multiple items.) Here, Dasha Boutique outlines 5 strategies for a supportive crew.
1. Give Them Some Autonomy
While your girls are likely willing to comply with whatever Bridezilla-esq demands you impose, it never hurts to let them know that you respect their needs, too. So we recommend choosing one item
- such as hairstyle - that they can do themselves. That leaves you in control of their necks, wrists and earlobes.
More and more it is common to see bridesmaids wearing varied styles of the same dress. This allows each woman to find a cut that works for her body, leaving her feeling attractive (and thus supportive). So why not do the same with jewelry? Choose a gemstone combination according to color and then have it strung by a custom jeweler in a few different designs. Lariat necklaces work well with V-necks; chokers complement square-cut tops; and multi-layers fall nicely with scoop necks. Or, if you really want to make your bridesmaids feel special, choose the design according to what you know they love best. Nothing spells support like a bridesmaid who feels appreciated. Learn how to Customize Dasha Boutique jewelry here.
3. Remember the Maid of Honor
The best Maids of Honor are the ones you never notice doing anything
- because they take care of all the seating hiccups, annoying relatives and wrinkles in your train while you're busy enjoying your day. If you think that describes your best lady (or that a great jewelry bribe might show her the light) reinforce how important she is by making her gift a little more special than the rest. Throw in a matching bracelet or earrings; choose a slightly different color or larger gemstone; give her goldfill versus the other maids' sterling silver; or pick a design that works especially well with her accessory style.
4. Make it Versatile
There's no better way to make the memories of your wedding last forever than to choose bridesmaid jewelry that will be worn forever. So keep in mind what your girls typically like to wear
- gold or silver? Chunky jewelry or delicate? - when picking out their wedding accessories. Find pieces that are modern and fun, but not so trendy that they will be obsolete a year from now. If ever in doubt, ask yourself "Would I wear this?" If the answer is yes, you've got yourself a gift.
5. Package It, Personalize It
Show your appreciation by stressing that this jewelry is a gift. Our custom boutique offers gift wrapping free of charge. Take it one step further and write a quick note to each of your girls to say Thank You one more time. Your effort won't go unreturned.
Dasha Boutique handmade jewelry orders arrive gift-wrapped and ready to go.
We are happy to include and personalize gift cards on request, free of charge. Most orders ship within 5 business days.
If you just canít decide what to send, have you thought of a gift certificate?