To keep your custom, handmade jewelry looking gorgeous and brand new, apply tender loving care and follow our storage, cleaning and handling tips.
Storing Your Jewelry
Prevent oxidation and keep your metallic jewelry bright and untarnished by storing it in an airtight plastic bag (such as Ziploc) or in a securely fastened jewelry box.
* Protect long necklaces and lariats from tangling by wrapping them on the cards included with your custom order.
* While long, chunky gemstone necklaces can be stored in a jewelry box, you need to be more careful with long, delicate designs. Never dump the "delicates" in a heap-they'll tangle.
* Store your handmade gemstone jewelry in a dark place-some gems will bleach slightly with continued exposure to light.
* Keep your unique gemstones scratch-free by storing them in a lined case or a soft cloth and separate them from other pieces of jewelry.
Cleaning & Polishing
* Clean oxidized or tarnished gold and silver with a soft cloth such as our gentle sunshine cloths or shine them up with basic toothpaste.
* Avoid ultrasonic cleaners, solvents and harsh chemicals when cleaning your handcrafted jewelry-exposure to them can damage semi-precious and precious gemstones and pearls.
* Keep your handmade gemstone jewelry clean with a soft cloth, mild soap and water.
* Always wipe both classic and freshwater pearls with a soft cloth before storing them.
Handle with Care
* Don't hide your pearls in a jewelry box-keep them luminous and beautiful by wearing them often! The body's natural oils maintain their luster.
* Put your handmade jewelry on last-after you've dressed, applied your makeup and styled your hair. This safeguards your pieces from being damaged by the chemicals and alcohols in makeup or styling products.
* Making jewelry accessorizing your last step will also lessen your chances of losing or damaging an earring, or snagging your favorite blouse.
* Your custom, handcrafted jewelry should be the first thing you take off at the end of the day.
Dasha Boutique handmade jewelry orders arrive gift-wrapped and ready to go.
We are happy to include and personalize gift cards on request, free of charge. Most orders ship within 5 business days.
If you just canít decide what to send, have you thought of a gift certificate?